A high-quality garden hose reel is made from various materials, such as a spring mechanism designed to help retract the hose without a lot of effort. For longevity, coupled with a reliable operation of the hose reel, you should review a few factors.
Desist from extending the hose reel beyond the 15m limit. It is also important to always walk the reel in when retracting. Therefore, you should not allow the garden hose to retract at a relatively high speed. A warranty will not cover any form of damage to the reel caused by the mentioned factors. That said, here is a rundown of how to anchor a hose reel to the ground.
The surface should be flat. After that, you need to collect the required materials for the job. These are a metal rod of 550mm and a mounting device. Begin by turning the rod clockwise. That way, it can penetrate the surface while turning it to drive the driller deep into the ground.
NB- a more rigid ground requires more effort
The ground miller mounting needs to be embedded deep into the ground. That is until the upper layer is flushed with the lawn. After that, it would help if you connected the reel to your driller. Use a metal rod to accomplish this. Failure to connect the hose reel would force you to remove the connector. You can then put it in the driller and then close the cover. The objective of closing the cover is to acquire adequate storage.
Now that the hose reel has been anchored to the ground, what next? It is time to ensure that it is always in perfect condition. Your hose reel has a high-quality hose with pressure. To maintain its efficiency, you should keep it in its optimum shape. Here is how:
- After using the hose reel, turn off all taps. After that, you should release water pressure before the hose reel is retracted.
- Desist from exposing the hose reel to high temperatures. That is, especially for longer than usual hours. High temperatures will often destroy the flexibility of the hose reel.
- Refrain from using chemicals coupled with other substances such as white spirits and lactic acid on the hose reel. The chemicals will make the warranty invalid.
- Avoid submerging the garden hose reel in water. Even if you are tempted to clean it, that would not be a prudent move. Instead, consider cleaning it by wiping. At this juncture, you should use a damp cloth.
- Put the garden hose reel in the shade. That way, you can prolong its longevity while ensuring that it serves you for some time.
- Perhaps you are not using the hose reel for the coming few weeks. In that case, it is essential to store it in the garage. You could also store it in a make-shift shed.
A hose reel should help keep your yard tidy while protecting the house from harsh weather conditions. It is essential to learn how to mount it on the ground and store it when it is not used. This article shares a step-by-step guide on how to accomplish that. You can go ahead and shop now.